Cultural events in Toruń
There are about a hundred cultural events in Toruń every year. A monthly events guide is available from Dwór Artusa in the Rynek Staromiejski.
Toruń is well known as the venue for many theatrical events.
- KONTAKT is the most important one, the International Theatre Festival organised by the Wilam Horzyca Theatre at the end of May. Since its conception in 1992 it has come to be regarded as one of the most important theatre events in Poland. In recent years the festival has seen the increasing participation of foreign theatre companies, resulting in many of the performances being offered in simultaneous translation into Polish, English, and other languages.
- Street Theatre Festival (June-August).
- Street Theatre Meetings "Bulwar" organised by Association of the Wiczy Theatre (July)
- Toruń Summer Stage
- Toruń Puppet Theatre Festival (October).
CINEMA (see also section CLUBS & ENTERTAINMENT)
- International Film Festival TOFIFEST (June-July)
- In July and August of each year the courtyard of the Town Hall in the Rynek Staromiejski becomes the venue for nightly screenings of a selection of recent movies.
- Toruń Harmonica Top Festival organised by the Arthur's Court
- 'Probaltica' - Festival of Chamber Music and Fine Arts of the Baltic States (May).
- Music Festival (June)
- International Organ Concerts at the Church of Ss. Johns (May/June).
- International Festival of Olden Music "Haendel and..." organised by The Foundation for Olden Music "Canor"
- Regular concerts of the State Chamber Orchestra.
- The Toruń Summer Festival of Music and Architecture.
- Toruń Science and Art Festival organised by the NCU, the Municipality and Scientific Society in Toruń, in April. It includes various meetings, presentations, lectures, debates, excursions, exhibitions, workshops, and competitions. During these events, visitors have the unique opportunity to see real science and art.
- Exhibitions in museums and galleries.
Events in OD NOWA (see section CLUBS & ENTERTAINMENT)
- The Feast of Gingerbread organised by FC "Kopernik" SA (June)
- The Feast of the Town (June)
- "Medievalia" (September)
- International Light Festival "Bella Skyway Festival" (August or September)
Guide for Visitors