The Faculty of Economic Sciences and Management is the first and the only public university in Poland, which received a very prestigious business accreditation - AACSB International. Currently, this accreditation is possessed by an elite group of less than 5% of all business schools in the world (a total of 740 institutions from nearly 50 countries). The accreditation is granted for 5 years. Therefore, all FESM graduates, apart from a university diploma, receive also appropriate certification.
- Master of Arts
- 2 years (4 semesters)
- WHY STUDY ECONOMICS IN ENGLISH IN NICOLAUS COPERNICUS UNIVERSITY?
- courses in economics are highly recognised in the Polish academic community which is confirmed by their high positions in rankings of HEIs,
- the curriculum covers the most up-to-date trends in development of economics in Poland and in the world,
- the course in International Economy and Finance enables students to acquire the most up-to-date knowledge combining expertise from two fields i.e. economics and finance in the international context, which makes solid foundation for future career both in Poland and abroad,
- the Faculty offers outstanding infrastructure including modern lecture halls, classrooms and the abundant library,
- students have the opportunity to participate in the Multiple Diploma Student Exchange Programme in „International Finance and Economics” and get MA diplomas from three universities i.e. Nicolaus Copernicus University, the University of Angers (France) and the University of Macerata,
- students have the opportunity to participate in Erasmus+ mobility programs. The Faculty cooperates with numerous European universities in Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia and Spain,
- students have the opportunity to study in other higher education institutions in Poland (under the umbrella of the MOST programme),
- the Faculty conducts preparatory courses for the examinations confirming following foreign language certifications:
- SEFIC (Spoken English for Industry and Commerce) by the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry,
- TELC- Deutsch für den Beruf,
- students have the opportunity to have their internships in leading companies in the region cooperating with the Faculty,
- numerous managers and executives of companies in the region and in Poland are the graduates of economics studies in Nicolaus Copernicus University,
- the courses in economics are approved by the Polish Accreditation Committee.
WHAT PROSPECTS FOR THE FUTURE?
The graduates from MA courses in economics can continue their studies in PhD programmes. The graduates can be employed in Poland and abroad as:
- analysts of economic trends,
- finance and accounting specialists in banks, insurance companies and enterprises providing financial services,
- civil servants in government and self-government administration,
- economists in private and state-owned enterprises,
- managers in non-governmental organisations, foundations and associations,
- media experts specialized in economic processes.
Studies provide graduates with theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary to establish and successfully manage their own businesses.
- Tuition fees
- 6th July 2021
- Education Requirements
- BA, MA degree or equivalent and a certificate of English language competence at least at B2 level.
- More details
- Exemplary plan of studies