The one-year intensive course is designed for those wanting to study at our University and whose level of Polish is insufficient to allow them to participate in classes taught in Polish. Participants who have successfully finished our one-year intensive Polish course may apply to become full-time students at Nicolas Copernicus University, following the enrollment procedure for foreigners. Nonetheless, the curriculum is designed to meet the expectations of those who do not plan to study at our University as well.
The aim of the course is to develop all of the language skills: speaking, understanding spoken language, reading and writing. The classes include communication practice, grammar, reading and analyzing texts and learning how to write different types of texts in Polish. We put special emphasis on practicing communication situations and vocabulary which are typical for the university environment and which will allow the student to fully participate in classes taught in Polish.
The Centre issues a visa invitation to the course and later confirms participation in the course but we do not intermediate in the process of acquiring a visa or right of residence (applicants from outside the European Union must be aware of the fact that visa processing usually takes a lot of time and that they will be asked to pay the whole fee for the course in advance).
- 1 October 2023 – 30 June 2024
- 15 September 2023
- total – 800 hours**
- weekly – circa 30 hours**
- registration fee – 200 euro* (900 PLN)
- lessons – 2500 euro (11 250 PLN)
Prices and discounts as presented below.
* Registration fee is non-refundable.
The course fee should be paid before the beginning of the course.
In case of not receiving a visa the tution fee is sent back to the candidate after we receive a written request letter. The candidate also bears all the costs of transfering money and the risk of modification of the exchange rate. The conditions of course cancellation are defined in the ORDER No. 160 of the Rector of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń dated 28 October 2019.
Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika
ul. Gagarina 11
BANK MILLENNIUM SA w WARSZAWIE
PL 66 1160 2202 0000 0000 3174 8880
(Please write: "Kursy języka polskiego" and participant’s full name)
IBAN - PL 66 1160 2202 0000 0000 3174 8880
SWIFT (BIC) - BIGBPLPW
How to register?
1. A candidate for the one-year intensive Polish language course must:
- pay the registration fee and the full course fee to the account mentioned above.
2. It is possible to reserve a place in the UMK dormitory. If the course participant wishes to use it, he/she must declare this when submitting the form. The number of places is limited. The participant shall cover the accommodation fee on his/her own under the terms of ORDER No. 148 of 10 July 2023.
3. Upon receipt of the documents and payment of the course fee, the Centre of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners sends the interested party a certificate of qualification for the Polish language course and payment of the full fee (and booking a place in the student dormitory, if any, the number of places in the student dormitory is limited).
All the details of the registration are available in the bookmark Candidates.
We are looking forward to seeing you!