Institution: Faculty of Humanities
Position: assistant professor (adjunkt) - research staff
The Field of the Humanities - Literary Studies,
Keywords: Ancient Greek Literature, classical studies
Description (field, expectations, comments):
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in Article 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on higher education and science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668) and the following qualification criteria:
- experience in ancient Greek literature research
- research and academic output
• publications in peer-reviewed journals please attach copies of 1-3 selected publications,
• active participation in international academic conferences,
• experience in international academic cooperation (e.g. internships, academic grants, etc.),
- proficiency in English (selected candidates will be interviewed remotely).
Conditions of employment
- employment contract for the position of Postdoc – Research Adjunct at the Faculty of Humanities, Department of Classical Studies of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń for a period of 24 months with the possibility of extension for another 12 months.
Assistant Researcher may not hold any other fellowships, or employment positions, concurrently with their appointment at Nicolaus Copernicus University. Selected candidate will enjoy full access to the University's libraries, archival, and computing resources.
The committee will evaluate applications based on the following criteria: (a) scholarly accomplishment in a discipline and overall academic excellence and promise; (b) potential contribution to the grant focusing on the history and rhetoric of Invective; (c) potential future impact on the field of Classical Studies at Nicolaus Copernicus University. Priority will be given to candidates with academic experience outside of Poland who bring unique, original ideas.
The postdoc position is part of a new project “The History and Rhetoric of Invectives in Greek, Roman and Early Christian Polemics” with prof. Rafał Toczko as the Principal Investigator, founded by National Science Centre. Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun was selected as one of the ten best universities in Poland and supported by additional funds for the development of scientific potential.
- Cover letter
- Personal questionnaire for the person applying for employment (download here)
- Professional curriculum vitae
- Copy of higher education diploma
- Copy of doctorate certificate
- Information about scientific, didactic and organizational achievements (abstract comprising candidate's most important areas of research, and scientific, educational, and other achievements)
- List of publications (including the publishing house/journal, year of publication, and page number)
- Declaration of consent to the processing of personal data contained in the job offer for the needs of the recruitment process, in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of The Council od 27 April 2016 (L119/1) (download here)
- Declaration under art. 113 ust. 1 ustawy Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym (o niekaralności) (Art. Paragraph 113 (1) of the Higher Education Act (of no criminal record)) (download here)
- Declaration that Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń will be my primary employer once I have won the contest (download here)
Additional information: Additional information: The selection process procedure: Stage 1: qualification of candidates following the documents’ submission Stage 2: qualification interview with selected candidates which will be held partly in a foreign language Documents should be sent via e-mail to the Faculty of Humanities of the NCU at firstname.lastname@example.org until 8.10.2022. Contact: email@example.com. The contest will be adjudicated no later than 14.10.2022. Your expected employment will commence on 2.11.2022. The university does not provide accommodation.