Institution: Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Informatics
Position: Research Adjunct
The Field of Exact and Natural Sciences - Physical Sciences,
Keywords: time metrology, optical atomic clock, atomic physics
Description (field, expectations, comments):
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in Article 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on higher education and science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668) and the following qualification criteria:
- required: PhD in physics or related fields,
- required: at least one year research stay or PhD studies at internationally recognized institution in the atomic physics field
- required: fluency in spoken and written English,
- experience with ultra-cold atoms experiments or optical atomic clocks will be an additional advantage.
Scope of work:
We are looking for a co-investigator in a H2020 EURAMET EMPIR 18SIB05 ROCIT „Robust Optical Clocks for International Timescales” project. The goal of our group is to improve the robustness of optical clocks so that they can run unattended for long periods. More information on http://empir.npl.co.uk/rocit/ and http://famo.fizyka.umk.pl/kl-famo-umk/research-umk/optical-atomic-clock/ pages.
-Fulfilment of the requirements.
-The quality and number of scientific achievements.
-Knowledge of English language.
The applicants should read the European Charter and Code for Researchers: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/euraxess/charter-code-researchers
Conditions of employment:
-1 year postdoc position,
-salary (gross) 9500 PLN per month,
-no teaching duties.
- Personal questionnaire for the person applying for employment (download here)
- Declaration of consent to the processing of personal data contained in the job offer for the needs of the recruitment process, in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of The Council od 27 April 2016 (L119/1) (download here)
- Declaration under art. 113 ust. 1 ustawy Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym (o niekaralności) (Art. Paragraph 113 (1) of the Higher Education Act (of no criminal record)) (download here)
- Declaration that Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń will be my primary employer once I have won the contest (download here)
- Scan or photocopy of the candidate's university degree.
- Curriculum vitae (including a description of scientific motivation, a description of research interests, and a publication list).
- A cover letter (addressed to Professor Andrzej Sokala, Rector of the Nicolaus Copernicus University).
- At least one (max three) reference letter.
Additional information: Selection Process • Please submit the aforementioned documents to castle[at]fizyka.umk.pl by 21 February 2021 with annotation “EMPIR ROCIT” in the subject field. • After preliminary selection a shortlist of candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria will be invited for an interview, in person or online. • The expected duration of the position will be 1 April 2021 – 30 April 2022. Your submitted information will be deleted within 3 months after the closure of the application procedure.