Institution: Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Informatics
Position: Research Associate / Adjunct
The Field of Exact and Natural Sciences - Physical Sciences,
Keywords: solid state physics, DFT (Density Functional Theorem), quasi-two-dimensional nanostructures
Description (field, expectations, comments):
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in Article 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on higher education and science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668) and the following qualification criteria:
1. required: a doctorate in physics
2. required: a significant and growing record of publications in the physics of nanostructures, in particular quasi-two-dimensional nanostructures (graphene, TMDCs)
3. required: experience in DFT computations,
4. preferred: research experience in atomistic calculations
5. preferred: good knowledge of English
6. preferred: at least one year long foreign post-doc experience.
Research and organizational tasks::
a. Development of theory and computations of spectral and transport properties of quasi-two-dimensional nanostructures using DFT and other atomistic approaches
b. Applying for external funding (e.g. NCN, NAWA); building research team; scientific supervision over doctoral and undergraduate students.
c. Publication of research results in internationally recognized scientific journals, as well as during international conferences.
Teaching duties: will be determined in agreement with the relevant Dean.
Period of contract agreement: up to 36 months
Position starts on: December 1st 2020
Additional information: Please submit the aforementioned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with annotation "WFAiIS-3/KMK/2020" in the subject field. Application deadline: 30.09.2020. The contest will be adjudicated no later than 31.10.2020. Position starts on: 1.12.2020. The university does not provide accommodation. NCU declares the right not to choose any candidate.