Institution: Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Informatics
Position: University Professor
The Field of Exact and Natural Sciences - Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Astronomy,
Keywords: astrochemistry, astrophysics, quantum chemistry, or theoretical spectroscopy
Description (field, expectations, comments):
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in Article 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on higher education and science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668) and the following qualification criteria:
1. PhD in astronomy, physics chemistry or in a related field.
2. Scientific achievements in the field of astrochemistry, astrophysics, quantum chemistry, or theoretical spectroscopy.
3. Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
4. Having a predisposition to perform research and teach.
5. Declare conducting research in a field of astronomy, physics or chemistry.
6. Declare to give classes (courses) for students.
The Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Informatics at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Poland, invites applications for four assistant professor positions in the general field of astrochemistry, astrophysics, quantum chemistry, or theoretical spectroscopy. The research of the candidate should complement and connect with the existing expertise of the Centre of Excellence in Astrophysics and Astrochemistry including: astrochemistry, star and planet formation, astrophysical masers, active galactic nuclei, galaxy evolution and dark matter, stellar astrophysics, electronic structure methods, potential energy surfaces, and scattering calculations. The Centre was established in January 1, 2020 for the period of 6 years due to the prestigious label of the “research university” awarded to the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. The choice of the five Centres of Excellence was based on the current performance of researchers at NCU according to a sound and in-depth assessment of their research activity. As a result, these interdisciplinary platforms are bringing together most of NCU’s elite researchers and attracting top scientists from abroad.
- Personal questionnaire for the person applying for employment (download here)
- Professional curriculum vitae
- Copy of higher education diploma
- Copy of doctorate certificate
- Information about scientific, didactic and organizational achievements (abstract comprising candidate's most important areas of research, and scientific, educational, and other achievements)
- List of publications (including the publishing house/journal, year of publication, and page number)
- Declaration of consent to the processing of personal data contained in the job offer for the needs of the recruitment process, in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of The Council od 27 April 2016 (L119/1) (download here)
- Declaration under art. 113 ust. 1 ustawy Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym (o niekaralności) (Art. Paragraph 113 (1) of the Higher Education Act (of no criminal record)) (download here)
- Declaration that Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń will be my primary employer once I have won the contest (download here)
- At least one (max three) reference letter(s).
- A cover letter outlining their research interests and motivation to join the Centre (addressed to Professor Andrzej Tretyn, Rector of the Nicolaus Copernicus University)
- A research plan (max.3 pages)
Additional information: Please send all applications and reference letters to Dr. Justyna Cembrzynska: email@example.com (topic: 1/University Professor/CEAA ). Applications received before June 4, 2020 will be given full consideration, but will continue to be accepted until the positions are filled. The appointments are expected to start on October 1, 2020, but a later date may be negotiated. The gross salary is min. 18000 PLN (4100 euro) / month and a subject for negotiations. A starting package including seed funding for the new faculty member will be offered.