Institution: Faculty of Biology and Environment Protection
Position: Research Associate / Adjunct
The Field of Exact and Natural Sciences - Biological Sciences,
Keywords: botany, taxonomy, geobotany, flora, phytosociology, GIS
Description (field, expectations, comments):
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in Article 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on higher education and science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668) and the following qualification criteria:
. PhD degree in biological sciences or related
2. documented research and publications in distinguished peer-reviewed journals indexed in the Journal Citations Reports
3. plan for further research activities
4. teaching experience
5. experience in the field of botany, taxonomy, geobotany, application of GIS in geobotanical studies and big data bases management
6. desired experience in raising funds for research
7. desired foreign internships or visible international activity such as participation in international conferences, participation in international projects, cooperation with foreign partners documented by joint publications
8. fluent English and willingness to learn Polish in case of foreigners.
The candidate will be responsible for the botanical and geobotanial studies regarding synthesis of existing data. The candidate will be also responsible for teaching. We expect from the candidate high communication skills, the ability to organize his/her work largely based on cooperation and the obtained external founds. The offer is addressed to people oriented to a dynamic scientific career.
Additional information: Documents should be submitted to the Dean of the Faculty of Biology and Environment Protection NCU in Toruń, ul. Lwowska 1, room 127 or 131, on or before 30/08/2019. The contest will be adjudicated no later than 19/09/2019. Your expected employment will commence on 01/10/2019. The university does not provide accommodation.