Institution: Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Informatics
Position: Research Adjunct
The Field of Physical Sciences - Physics,
Keywords: dark matter, astronomy, cosmology, general relativity
Description (field, expectations, comments):
Only those who meet the requirements set out in Article 109 (1) of Higher Education Act of 27 July, 2005 (Journal of Laws No. 164, Item 1365 as amended) (art. 109 ust. 1 ustawy z dnia 27 lipca 2005 r. - Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym (Dz. U. Nr 164, poz. 1365, z pózn. zmianami)) and the following eligibility criteria may enter the contest:
The Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Informatics of the Nicolaus Copernicus University invites applications for 12- to 24-month postdoctoral positions (adiunkt naukowy) in theoretical/observational inhomogeneous cosmology. A substantial fraction of the successful candidates' research work will be expected to focus on the possible links between inhomogeneous cosmology and dark matter, but they will also be expected to develop their own original cosmology research programs.
The postdoc position will be a part of the Theme 3: Theoretical investigation of general-relativistic effective contributions to dark matter fields of the A next-generation worldwide quantum sensor network with optical atomic clocks project, carried out within the TEAM programme of the Foundation for Polish Science. More information is available at http://www.fizyka.umk.pl/~castle .
• Required: a doctorate in astrophysics or a closely related field.
• Required: a growing record of publications in observational and/or numerical relativistic cosmology.
• Preferred: development experience in general (C, fortran, autotools, git) and/or specific (Einstein Toolkit, gevolution, inhomog) scientific software
• Preferred: research experience in either (i) inhomogeneous cosmology simulations with emerging average scalar curvature; or (ii) numerical modelling of dark-matter dominated galaxy formation.
• long-term contract (1-2 years supported by TEAM grant, with prolongation option),
• attractive salary (9 500 PLN/month gross),
• no teaching duties.
• the quality and number of scientific achievements,
• possession of a doctoral degree (or equivalent) in relevant field,
• knowledge of English language.
Additional information: SELECTION PROCESS: • please submit the aforementioned documents to castle[at]fizyka.umk.pl by 22 February 2019 with annotation “Postdoc TEAM” in the subject field, Please note that the application should be addressed to Professor Andrzej Tretyn, Rector of the Nicolaus Copernicus University. • after preliminary selection a shortlist of candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria will be invited for an interview, in person or online, • expected start date of working is not earlier than 1 April 2019. The university does not provide accommodation. The application should refer to WFAiIS-1/ZFAMO/2019